I got new stitch markers for my current project. These mobius ones are so mug easier to use. #Knitting
Finished the project bag I started for my sister yesterday. It’s made from a really pretty flower brocade.
Here’s a close up of the fabric.
So I finished off that cowl the other night, including the buttons… I haven’t quite figured out how to follow crochet patterns yet though, which means the flowers will have to wait until that day… which very well may be in the near future. Considering I never thought I’d learn how to crochet and yet I have, thanks to Craftyminx.
I wish I would have used a garter stitch for the ruffled edge, because it’s curling in from the stockinette stitch.
I used Vanna’s Choice in honey. And I used a few(3) 1 inch buttons I found at JoAnns.
I didn’t use a pattern, just sort of winged it. All I did was (using garter stitch in the beginning instead of stockinette):
Cast 100 stitches onto size 10.5 needles
Row 1 & 2: Knit
Row 3: k2tog, whole row (50 stitches)
Row 4: Knit
Row 5: k2tog, whole row (25 stitches)
Row 6: Knit
Row 7: kfb all stitches (50 stitches)
Row 8: Knit
Row 9: k5, p until 5 until the end, k5
Continue row 8 and 9 until desired length. Then finish off with 5 rows of garter stitch.
I’ll post some better pictures tomorrow when there’s some actual light outside.
So I recently found this while I was stumbling. It’s a shawl that they’re selling over at this Etsy shop. I’m thinking of making a cowl based off of it. Which will require me to learn how to crochet… But I think crochet might be making a bit more sense to me now, so that shouldn’t be too bad.